NiRA is the Registry for the .ng Country Code Top Level Domain (ccTLD).
The Association is a Not-for-Profit, Non-Governmental Self-Regulatory body established by the order of the President of Federal Republic of Nigeria to the Internet Community to manage Nigeria’s Country Code Top Level Domain (hereinafter referred to as .ngTLD).
The principal objectives of the Association are to:
- Be the administrator of the .ngTLD and its associated sub-Level domain names
- Maintain and promote the operational stability security, reliability and utility of the .ngTLD
- Ensure cost-effective administration of the .ngTLD
- Develop and establish a policy framework for the development and administration of the .ngTLD including ;
- Rules governing the operations of sub-level domain registries;
- The creation and allocation of sub-level domains;
- Rules governing the accreditation of registrars and registry operations;
- Rules governing the registration of names within sub-level domains and access to sub-level domain registries and;
- Ensuring that registrars have equal access to sub-level domain registries.
The primary and secondary .ngTLD name servers; files for sub-level domains; and a searchable database containing information on registrations within the .ngTLD
- Liaise with national and international bodies on issues relating to the development and administration of domain name system;
- Establish appropriate complaints handling and dispute resolution processes in order to provide for conciliation or redress of grievances on matter associated with the administration of the .ngTLD; and
- Promote the use and growth of Internet in Nigeria with widespread adoption of the .ngTLD in a secure and reliable manner