A school of thoughts defines Social media, as computer-mediated technologies that allow the creating and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.
Social media is now an integral part of everyday life of almost every person; every serious business maintains online presence on all social media platforms, taking advantage of social websites and applications to proliferate their market outreach and Internet advertising. Social media is used to communicate news, trends, best practices, market products, promote brands, and connect to past and current customers and foster new businesses.
A great number of companies have used the great social media to generate outreach. Domain Name Registrars and other businesses may use the social media to connect with clients on a more personal level and foster greater business relationships. To ensure successful social media marketing, some tips are listed as:
- Register your .ng domain name and use the .ng domain name for your website.
- Ensure your website is current; with accurate and current information
- Have a social media marketing strategy
- Observe social media marketing trends
- Have your company Facebook page and post regularly about your products and services
- Respond to questions posted to the company via Facebook regularly
- Follow customers/clients on Twitter – from official accounts and personal accounts
- Connect with customers/clients via LinkedIn
- Reach out to customers/clients when you see something (good or bad) about your company and ask for private contact information to resolve issues in private
- Retweet to show you care about what they care about and your company is ready to provide high quality genuine services
- Achieve patronship for your brand
- Post your company latest news and events on all your social media platform
- Respond to tweets and messages directed to your company to resolve issues
- Offer introductions to those who can assist to resolve issues when you can’t
- Avoid social media marketing mistakes
With business being so competitive these days, it’s often the social connection that makes the difference. Customers/clients appreciate high quality service and can be loyal to your brand.
Establishing and maintaining relationships is a critical part of this business and companies should be using social media to engage constructively with clients.