The 37th GITEX is ongoing, from 8th to 12th October 2017 at Dubai. At this event, tech pioneers and futurists, business leaders and IT professionals are at GITEX to experience the world’s most advanced technology driven digital transformation. At GITEX, there are over 25,000 regional C-level executives and over 4,470 international technology companies and over 147,100 trade visitors. As like last year, during GITEX 2017, the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), through its Office for ICT Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIIE) is sponsoring 10 Nigerian startups. These startups were carefully selected after a highly competitive process and prepared for the event. NITDA’s Director-General, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, is at Dubai with the startups, to guide and support these startups
Amongst the 10 startups sponsored by NITDA are:
- MyPadi.ng, a platform that connects students with safe, secure & affordable off-campus hostels and roommates online for FREE,
- Beat Drone: Empowering Solutions with drones, in 5 Sectors: Agric – TeleComms – Security – Tourism – Delivery (Logistics),
- NICADEMIA: an online distribution platform for African Inspired Cartoons,
- Cloudiora: Building the Future of Operating Systems,
- SiX: an IoT based device that mitigates road safety concerns,
- Accounteer: An online accounting made for entrepreneurs,
- DropQue: A fast way companies can find the right talent at a lower cost with secure video interviews,
- MTK e-Learning Portal, a learn and teaching platform for running versatile online training and collaborative and collaborative
- Ward Monitor seeks to bridge the gap between parent and child by monitoring the child is in school.
- Tattara, a field data collection platform
We wish the Nigerian team success as they compete with other tech startups from across the world for the US$30,000 Million investment towards developing their solution in a more commercially viable way.