The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers’ (ICANN) Nominating Committee (NomCom) has invited interested individuals to submit an expression of interest in key leadership positions within ICANN and Public Technical Identifiers (PTI). Selected individuals will have the unique opportunity to work with accomplished colleagues from around the globe to help shape the Internet’s technical coordination and policy development.
The NomCom is also accepting recommendations of suggested candidates.
ICANN is inviting applications and recommendations for the following positions:
- Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors.
- One member of the PTI Board of Directors.
- Three regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one from the Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region, one from the Latin America and Caribbean Islands region, one from the Africa region.
- Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council.
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council.
Guided by the broad public interest, those selected will work to fulfill ICANN’s mission to coordinate the global Internet’s system of unique identifiers, and in particular, to ensure its stable and secure operation. The selected leaders would make valuable public service contributions toward the evolution of the Domain Name System as an essential global resource.
The deadline to submit applications is 18 March 2019 at 23:59 Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). All applications are considered confidential and selections would be announced by September 2019. Successful candidates will assume their positions after ICANN’s Annual Meeting scheduled to be held during ICANN66, which runs from 2 –7 November 2019.
For More Information