Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) the umbrella organization for Information Technology Professionals, Industry Interest Groups and other key Stakeholders in Nigeria, held her 14th International Conference from Tuesday, 16th to Thursday, 18th, July 2019 at the International Conference Center, Bauchi Road, Gombe, Nigeria.
The conference provided opportunities for Computer Professionals to share technology ideas and experiences, showcase initiatives, examine vital issues and discuss solutions that are actionable and sustainable.
The event brought to light the efforts of the Society in Building Smart Nations and Digital Economies that could foster growth and make a difference to the lives of the people of Nigeria as she progresses in this technological era. IT professionals, interest groups and stakeholders were on hand to take part and contribute their quota at the 3-Days International Conference.
The Theme of the 2019 NCS International Conference was Smart Nations, Digital Economies and Meaningful Lives.
- Innovative and Disruptive Technologies in the New Economy
- Smart Broadband, Digital infrastructure and Sharing Frameworks
- Coding the Future of Agriculture, Health, Education and Services
- Smart Culture, Communities and Inclusion
- Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship for the Future
- Open Data, Open Government and Digital leadership
- Women, Gender Balance and Innovation in Technology
- Digital Law, Intellectual Property and Data Protection
- IT in Education Policy and Management
- Cyber Security Innovations and Opportunities
- Smart Skills and Capabilities shaping the Digital Future
- Economic Growth and Meaningful lives in the Digital Economy
- Enabling the Smart Nation: Strategies and Policies
- Education, Research and the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Digital Transformation and Data Innovation
- Plenary and Parallel Sessions
- Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Platform
- Annual General Meeting
- Election of the Executive Council
- Exhibition and Products Launch
Amongst dignitaries that graced the event were His Excellency Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya, the Executive Governor of Gombe State and Hajiya Asma’u Inuwa Yahaya, the First Lady of Gombe State, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, Director General/CEO of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Mr. Bala M. Kaltungo, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Science and Technology, Gombe State, NiRA Board of Trustee Members (Dr. Isaac Odeyemi, Prof. Adenike Osofisan, Dr. Chris Nwannena and Mrs. Ibukun Odusote), Fellows Nigeria Computer Society of Nigeria, and many other dignitaries from the IT industry in Nigeria. It is worthy of note that Mrs. Ibukun Odusote, the Secretary of the NiRA Board of Trustees is the Permanent Secretary Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment.
NiRA was also at the Conference alongside two of her Accredited Registrars, SmartWeb Limited and DotEngee to exhibit their products and services and showcase the .ng brand.
The NiRA exhibition stand was busy all through the event, with participants making enquiries on how to register .ng domain names, how to become .ng Accredited Registrars/Resellers and how to become NiRA members. NiRA membership application forms were also available.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Society held on the 3rd July 2019 on the final day of the conference, which was also the closing day for the conference.
Elections into various positions of the NCS Executive Council held immediately after the AGM. At the end of the keenly contested election for the position of the NCS President, Professor Adesina Sodiya FNCS, emerged as the winner and stands elected President of the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS). We congratulate Prof Sodiya and wish him success in his new role.