The Nominating Committee (NomCom) for the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) invites interested individuals to submit applications for key leadership positions within ICANN and Public Technical Identifiers (PTI), an affiliate of ICANN organization.
Unique opportunity exists for selected individuals to work with accomplished colleagues from around the globe to help shape the Internet’s technical coordination and policy development. The deadline to submit applications is 18 February 2020 at 23:59 Universal Coordinated Time (UTC).
The vacant positions are listed as follows:
- Two members of the ICANN Board of Directors.
- One member of the PTI Board of Directors.
- Two regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one from the European region and one from the North American region.
- One member of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council.
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council.
Those selected will work to fulfill ICANN’s mission to coordinate the global Internet’s system of unique identifiers and, in particular, to ensure its stable and secure operation. The selected leaders will make valuable public service contributions towards the evolution of the Domain Name System as an essential global resource.
Applicants interested in applying for any of the positions should kindly visit Apply Now for ICANN and PTI Leadership Positions for more information or https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/icann-nc-submission-portal-2020 to submit their application.
More information on the NomCom webpage is available via https://www.icann.org/nomcom2020